Saturday, February 25, 2006

"He was probably here when Charleston was first developed." "It's developed?"

That was a converstation Charles and I had about Wes while waiting for an elevator at the hotel, lol.

I have mixed feelings about the trip. One the one hand, I think we performed wonderfully for the most part. The biggest highlights of the trip, for me, though, was being able to hear the Shenandoah Valley Children's Choir and the Birmingham Boy's Choir perform. I look forward to hearing the BBC sing again in May. I also got to know some people a little better, and Sam and I made a truce. Some people got to see a side of me they had never seen before. Just ask Nick and Whitney about it...on second thought, you probably shouldn't.

On the other hand, I found out some things about some people that I really didn't want to know, and now I won't look at them in the same way I had before the trip. That makes me a little sad. I also discovered that I probably won't be attending the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary...because they're choir was awful.

I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the trip. It was said at the last gas station we stopped at on the way home, and is about a bin of movies they had. It was between Jackie and myself.

Me: "Oh look, they're only two dollars."
Jackie: "Or you can get five for ten dollars."
Me: "Which is two dollars apiece."

4 comments:

ewaroach said...

i knew that was the same thing!... you stole my joke! so there!

Chris R. said...

Nope. Though I do have a head cold. So if you have one, then yes, you did, lol.

Mr. Henry said...

Excellent observations, Chris. And thanks for the shout out...

Chris R. said...

It's not skipping when you wake up with the stomach flu :P It finally caught up to me.