Saturday, February 18, 2006

Penguins!

From www.penguinwarehouse.com


Question & Answer
"Penguin
Care"

Q: What do I feed my penguin?
A: Different penguins enjoy different food. Many types like to eat krill, a tiny shrimp-like creature. They also like to eat squid and fish. Penguins prefer to catch live food by diving into water and catching them with their long, pointy bills. We suggest you buy one of our many penguin care books which can provide you with additional information.

Q: Do I need to keep my penguin in air conditioning?
A: A very common misperception by penguin-lovers is that penguins require a cold environment to survive. In fact, most penguin species live in warmer climates and even in jungles! However, you should look into the habitat requirements for the species of penguin you are interested in. We provide many helpful penguin care books.

Q: Do I need to provide a habitat for my penguin?
A: Most certainly! Each penguin species requires unique habitat requirements and your home environment needs to be made suitable for a penguin before purchase of such a pet. Most penguins require a decent sized salt-water non-chlorinated pool set at an appropriate temperature. In fact, some penguin species spend as much as 75% of their life in water. If you are interested in learning more, please look into one of our many penguin care books.

Q: My penguin smells! Can I bathe my penguin?
A: Penguins love a good bath! Carefully inspect any shampoo or soaps used as you do not want to remove a penguin's natural oils.

Q: How do you 'housebreak' a penguin?
A: Like most birds, penguins are difficult (but not impossible) to paper-train.

Q: Can I train my penguin?
A: Of course! Train them well and teach them all the good tricks and amazing mind powers. Someday one of those smart penguins (maybe yours) will become a Jedi penguin, an elite status of wealth, power and strength in the penguin empire.

Q: Can take my penguins for walks with a penguin-leash?
A: Like humans, penguins also love long nice walks after meals. It helps them to digest the food inside. But be careful with penguin-leash when walking your penguin, the cost of going to penguin-doctors is not cheap these days.

Q: Will my penguin try to eat my goldfish?
A: Duh! Penguins love to eat fish, and goldfish is the yummiest type of fish available. So if you own a goldfish, better either give it away or (eat it first) before your penguin get his long pointy bill on it.

Q: Should I expect my penguin to sleep all day?
A: For the first two weeks after you get your penguin, it is expected that the penguin will be some jet lag and will need lots of rest during the day hours. After that however, the penguin should be back to an "Early Bird" and rises before the morning sun.

Q: Why does my penguin keep bumping into walls?
A: Penguins, like humans, are prone to eye deterioration over time. Vision correction may be necessary for your penguin's welfare. We highly suggest laser surgery correction as many penguins do not take well to eyewear.

Q: Help, my penguin keeps collecting items from all over the house and is building a nest with them!
A: Calm down! Let them play and leave them alone. It's a natural habit for a penguin to feel secure when they first arrive at your home. Those items from your house give the penguin a sense of security and belonging. A word of advice, be kind and buy some nice comfy pillows for your dear pet penguin and they will thank you much.

Q: What if my penguin becomes ill?
A: By all means, take him to your local veterinarian at once! Many veterinarians are now accepting penguins as patients and will be able to provide the best treatment for your ailing penguin.



3 comments:

Katie Mo said...

yay! are you getting one!? can i pet it!? (i think they want you to buy their books.)

Chris R. said...

LOL, no. It's illegal to own them in the US, and that site doesn't really sell them. :P

Chris R. said...

I wish I could get one though.