Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Meanings

After our long discussion about "If I Can Help Somebody," I got to thinking about the song and what it means. I felt bad though because I couldn't really relate it to myself. I did, however, relate it to foreign missionaries who go to parts of the world where spreading the Gospel is illegal and punished by death. These missionaries don't care about their own lives. They only care about one thing: pointing people towards Jesus and telling them how he can wipe away their sins. They don't care about their worldly possessions, or if they have to sleep in a hut. And if they lose their life in the process of sharing God's Word, then they have died following Jesus's command to "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations...." Matthew 28:19a(NKJV).

I don't know if any of that makes any sense. It did in my head.

Anyways.

On a final note for tonight: I eat at Subway too much. I no longer have to tell them what I want when I go in there.

No comments: