Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Music Treasure Trove

If you want a good place to download music that's LEGAL (good, right?) I highly recommend Napster or iTunes. Now, I haven't used iTunes, but I've been using Napster since it's beginnings as an illegal song sharing service. Now it's fully legal and has buttloads of music (buttload being the scientifical term for "more than you can imagine").

Among the songs I've found on Napster are the arrangements of Michelle, Can't Buy Me Love, and the song we did two years ago, And I Love Her; Water Night (Unfortunately it's the only Eric Whitacre piece on there); Britten's Ceremony of Carols from Christmas at the Alys from two years ago; and a really nice arrangement of If I Can Help Somebody by the Irish Tenors (not our arrangement, but still nice). I also have all of Bizet's Carmen, Handel's Messiah, Mozart's Requiem, all nine of Beethoven's symphonies, and scores of other songs, classical and not. Very much worth the $9.95/month subscription fee for unlimited listening.

I also have Rutter's Gloria, but I won't say where I got that from.

And now for something completely different, pictures from Halloween.



From left to right: Blake my roommate (Some Japanese thing), Kelli Ann (Greek Goddess), Me (Phantom of the Opera), Josh (Dilbert), Bev (A bee), Scott (Um..he stole Bev's crown), Kelly B. (Baby Kelly W.), Kelly W. (Her twin sister Baby Kim W.), Matt (A guy wearing a Batman Mask) and on the floor, former UAB Tenor Ross (an old hobo). Kelli Ann's boyfriend Brent is behind the camera. He was dressed as a Greek God.



My face with out the Phantom mask. Scary huh? Not really, but it's really gross looking.

I can tell you this much...I'm ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. A lot of good food and time with family. And this Thanksgiving I get to see the Nutcracker Ballet in Houston. Should be fun.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say.

No comments: