Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A Rare Thing

Me posting, that is.

I voted for the first time today. That was interesting. For some reason, we have to vote on admendments to our constitution (it's, if I'm not mistaken, the longest state constitution) that don't even affect us (by "us" I mean Jefferson county, AL). One of the amendments was to start the promotion of shrimp and seafood (I thought shrimp was seafood, but I guess the government knows better). I voted no on that for two reasons: 1) we don't need an amendment to our constitution saying we can promote shrimp and seafood, and 2) I don't like either. Other amendments only affected other counties, so I just voted yes on them. I didn't care either way.

I've been thinking alot lately about my life, and how it's not how I would have pictured it when I was younger. It's actually alot better in some respects. For example, back in the day, I would have never thought I'd be going into Music/Children's Ministry or be the lead singer in a praise and worship band. However, I always thought I'd have someone special in my life. And there is, they just don't know it...at least I don't think they do. I've never been good at sharing that sort of thing. I have a huge fear of rejection. It really sucks too. I've liked this person since I first laid eyes on them a little over a year ago. I know, I'm a sad individual.

With all that said, I bid you all goodnight. Perhaps I'll post again in another month, maybe a few days. Who knows?


No comments: