Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Let me start off by saying that I hate it when my 9:00 class is cancelled and it's the only class I have before my 12:20 class. Well, that's not so bad. What's bad is that I got up at 7:00 for no reason. Had I known the class was going to be cancelled, I would have slept in. Sleeping in is always good.

If you didn't go see the Candian Brass Sunday afternoon, you missed a great show. Not only are they very talented, they make classical music interesting. I had a friend, Scott (not the one that ran over the cat in Clay's yard), with me who's taking Music Appreciation. He has to do a paper on a concert, so I told him I was going to this one, and he said he'd go, too. His girlfriend, Bev (one of my best friends), and I play the trumpet (well, I don't anymore), so she came too. Now, you have to realize that Scott's not very big on classical music. When we got our tickets, he asked me if they were worth paying $26 dollars (the price of a non-student discounted, balcony ticket) to see them . I told him I thought they were, but I'm a little biased, being a lover of classical music and the Canadian Brass already. When we left, he said he would have definitely paid the $26 dollars to see them. That's how good they are! The best part of the show was their re-enactment of Bizet's Carmen, with costumes and all. A good time was had by all.

So I'm beginning work on re-designing the Children's Ministry site for my church. It's a little...blah right now, and in serious need up updating. I'm toying with the idea of making it completely in Flash, but if I do that I'll have to make a non-Flash site as well, and update them both. I'll probably end up just doing the sidebar and top in Flash, with some little Flash things thrown in for effect. I'm even considering incorporating a Blog into the design to make posting announcements easier. Anyone with web design experience, if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate your input.

I believe I've run out of things to say.

No comments: