Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mem'ries....

Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories....

It's amazing how doing the most menial task can bring back memories from your childhood.

I was making a PB&J sandwhich the other day, and noticed that I was putting a lot of peanut butter on the bread. I then realized that I do this because everytime I would go to my grandmother's, she would let me make my PB&J sandwhiches, and she would always tell me to put a lot of peanut butter on it because that was the best way to make it. Then I realized that I got most of my cooking skills from my grandmother and grandfather, because they always let me help out with making meals when I was at their house. I remember when we would have grilled steak for dinner, my grandfather would always cut a piece off at the grill and let me eat it before taking it upstairs for dinner. Ah...those were the days. Life was easy then. I miss those days.

I also came to the realization that each time I've had someone I love pass away, I've had a dream about them after the funeral in which they are still alive and I get to hug them one last time, then I never dream about them again (except my grandmother, who was in my grandfather's "last hug" dream). I guess it's a subconcious way of having closure, because I always wake up from the dream with a warm feeling and with a smile on my face. The best one was the dream I had after my niece passed away. Hugging her and telling her I loved her just made me feel really good. Oi...I'm getting teary eyed just writing this.

On a lighter note, I'm currently watching "The Cosby Show." Just thought you'd like to know that.

Oh, I found the tombstone I want when I die.

No comments: